Friday, January 15, 2010

Why not go for a run?

I like running.

It's very enjoyable. It was hard at the start but then it gets easier. You can mull over shite when you're doing it. It's good for your health. It can be a social activity. You can run with your friends.

It gets you out of bed in the morning. You feel really good after it. It gives you a sense of achievement.

I did a race once and it felt great running with thousands of other people. It felt like the fucking New York marathon or something. One of those wee air horns went off and everybody started toddling off. I almost wept with excitement. It was a 10 km run around the park. Was fucked after it. Got my photo taken. My name was on a board. I did quite poorly for my age group. I didn't give a fuck.

I came back after it and Tina was in the park with her friend and her two youngsters. I pushed them about on the swing and it was good craic.

Tina ran me a bath and brought me beer in the bath. I felt great.

It was the 43rd best day of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment