Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Man on the Street

Walking back to work from lunch today, I saw a woman with a microphone and a man with a camera on the corner of "a busy street in downtown Montreal".

They were doing those wee vox pop interviews, where they ask some clueless bastard what he thinks about the weather or something.

Even though I've been here  a fair while, I know criminally little about politics, or local news in general. I'd come across as a right cunt. They usually ask pretty harmless questions and expect nice wee consensual answers. I'd definitely give them that, no bother. I'd sound like an arsehole though. 

The presenter would go "We asked people on Ste Catherine Street today what they thought about the city's snow removal. Look at what this stupid wee Irish cunt says. He has a lovable accent".

So I'm glad they didn't ask me. 

I could end up like this fucker, even:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Packer

It's a slippery slope.

He is a professional vox pop interviewee. He engineers it so that he'll be on hand to dish out wee nuggets of wisdom on any subject, by being first in line for some newsworthy event. Fair fucking play to him, the mad bastard. 

I wouldn't mind doing that.

Montreal sizzles in the summer

Montreal is enjoying its hottest weather for 3000 years.

Crowds lined the block today to buy ice-creams from the Ben and Jerry store.

In spite of the stifling heat, citizens are in surprisingly good humour.

The NCWC, whose face was fucking burned off him, said "It's not too bad. Better than the winter! And at least we can cool down with some delicious ice cream!"

See? I'd be amazing at it.






No comments:

Post a Comment