Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Desperate Dan

I had a dream that I was in the garden of my old house.

When I was very, very young we moved house, across the street. We moved diagonally across the street where I lived, a distance of about 20 feet. Isn't that something?

In our old house we had a massive back garden. It had trees at the back, and a wasp's nest. I destroyed the nest and got stung, twice. I deserved it. We played football. There were bats.

Getting stung felt like getting a thorny bush branch wrapped around the part that gone stung. It was really sore. I haven't been stung since. I wouldn't mind, just to feel what it's like. I wonder would it be as sore.

I haven't been in that back garden for 17 years.

In the dream I saw every part. I walked around the garden just as it was. I saw every bit. It was dusk, or dawn. It wasn't very bright.

The dream was both sad and happy, as the best dreams are. You think of what was, and what's gone and what will never be again. And still it's nice, as you remember these same things.

I woke up and went through the day in a muffled trance. I floated everywhere, round people and down the street like a dandelion clock on the wind. I whispered fuck off to evil doers, and they didn't even realise I was there 'til I was away again. My dream carried me smoothly for a couple of hours.

I came to when I got to work. I felt like a car with no oil, all clunky and jarring after all the smoothness. Fuck that. What an amazing dream.

I had to work, but I had nothing to give.

Echoing Lord Byron, I took off all my clothes except my underpants and uttered "Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight". I fell asleep in seconds.

I dreamt I was a playing football for Man Utd.

My last day is Thurday.

2 comments:

  1. I lyke da way you wryte, eh. You gots a fancie way of tahkin an all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you moved house to just across the street. Supposedly moving house is one of the most stressful times of a person's life. Your dreams are quite revealing. I would probably say that you are going through a bit of a stressful period at the moment (or in the last or next 2 weeks) and your mind is sorting that shit out as you sleep. The mind is good at that shit. Your mind is saying remember that time we moved across the street that was well-good, a bit streesful but we sorted that shit out. It worked out beautiful in the end and you became a centre back for a celebrated Manchester United team..an inebriated Paul Mc Grath could only watch at the sidelines with envy. I went through a very stressful period there recently. The sandwich shop near my work closed down and my life had to change dramatically. Where would I find an adequate ham sandwich? It was truly traumatic but I found away around it. I have personally hired a chef to come into my work every day to make me a sandwich of my choosing. He is only 9 years old but its ok because I buy him the Beano every week and let him shine my shoes as a treat. This was a big lesson in my life = children of less well-off nations can be exploited and every hurdle can be overcome. Peace Out, Papa Mojo

    ReplyDelete